Wildlife Consultant-Fauna Spotter Catcher
This position requires a passionate person with an interest in pursuing opportunities working with wildlife across Queensland.
Your duties in this role will entail the investigation and subsequent management of wildlife in areas of infrastructure expansion across Queensland. You will be responsible for ensuring effective management of wildlife prior to and during vegetation clearing activities. The role will entail specific management of endangered, vulnerable and rare fauna species with a particular focus on endangered, vulnerable and near threatened species including the Koala. The position requires a number of skills and abilities with regards to fauna investigation and ecological interpretation. These include but are not limited to:
- Passion for wildlife and natural systems
- A Bachelor of Science or equivalent, or relevant experience and knowledge of natural history that would enable you to competently fulfil the role
- Wildlife handling skills and/or the willingness to learn safe handling techniques for a range of species
- Competency with the use of dichotomous keys and the identification of fauna and flora to species level
- Familiarity with the ecology of the Koala with previous field experience or captive management preferred
- Able to work away from home for extended periods of time
- Able to work both in a team environment and in positions of responsibility
- Previous experience around heavy machinery preferred
- Ability to incorporate a safety management system into all aspects of work
- Able to work outside for extended periods
- Being already based in South East Queensland will be an advantage but will consider all applications within Queensland
Previous Fauna Spotter Catcher experience would be a great advantage.
Send your resume highlighting all relevant experience and competencies to
Or you may use the contact form with file attachment on this page.